This event is now over
Instructor: Vijay Vasudevan
In this master class, you will combine various hand building techniques to create composite forms. Potters who are familiar with basic hand building techniques such as coil, slab, and pinching are welcome in these sessions. In this course, you will explore experimental and semi-functional vessels while particular emphasis is on guiding you to overcome challenges building large forms, by hand.
A particular attention will be paid to building asymmetrical vessel forms designed to enable you to exploring scaling forms to new levels of your practice. Instructor will take you through the transition that will lead you to create forms while incorporating your sense of identity through critique, inspiration, and demonstrations. Every participant is encouraged to set individual goals through a focused project work that explores the skills and techniques discussed in the sessions.
Media and Techniques
Session activities include demonstrations, work sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and group discussions. This masterclass includes demonstrations using soft and hard slabs, as well as coil building applications.
Session starts: Feb 2nd.
Course Fee: Rs. 6900
Timings : 10.30am - 1.00pm
Session dates: Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, March 2, 9, 16
Day 1 – Introduction and building the Asymmetrical form 1 —- Using slab and coiling techniques to build a horizontal vessel form – 2.5 hrs.
- Preparing the clay for hand building
- Warm up by creating a wafer thin pinch pot
- Demonstration of Asymmetrical form 1
- Preparation tips to sketching your individual form
Day 2 – Asymmetrical form 1 – Continue building the form – 2.5 hrs.
- Demonstration of Asymmetrical form 1 (cont’d)
- Continue building your own form
- Q & A on challenges
Day 3 – Asymmetrical form 2 — using only the coiling technique to build a composite vessel (cont’d) – 2.5 hrs.
- Start building your own composite vessel
- Q & A on challenges
Day 4 – Asymmetrical form 2 — using only the coiling technique to build a composite vessel (cont’d) – 2.5 hrs.
- Finishing the piece
- Group discussion on your individual piece
Day 5 – Critique and discussion on your individual piece – 1 hr.
- Participants will design their project piece
- Instructor will critique and guide about the design and building of the piece
- Participants starts building the piece
Day 6 - Project work - 2.5 hrs (not an instructor led session)
- Participants continue building the piece
Day 7 – Critique and discussion on your individual piece – 1 hr.
- Participants complete the project
Note: Claystation has the right to postpone or cancel any event with full refund.
February 02, 2019 — 10:30 am to
March 16, 2019 — 1:00 pm
ClayStation @ HSR, Bangalore
1-C, 2nd Floor, 1st 'D' Main,14th 'B'Cross,
Sector 6, HSR Layout